Non-Life Insurance Forum 2012
"From Challenges to Opportunities"
At Landmark Hotel, Bangkok
Thailand insurance industry has faced a few challenges in recent years – civil unrest, a new regulatory regime, an unprecedented flood crisis and the upcoming ASEAN Economic Community. In response, Society of Actuaries of Thailand has invited 11 experienced professionals from the Asia Pacific’s insurance industry to Bangkok on the 16th November 2012 to discuss how we can turn these challenges into opportunities.
The Forum had a fairly good turnout of actuaries, non-actuaries from life and general insurance companies, consulting firms, university professors and insurance regulators. Thank you every one for joining us this Forum.
Please click below to download the presentation slides.
1. Valuing a Non-Life Insurance Company
Jeremy Wall, Managing Director, JPWALL Consulting Partners:
2. A Framework for Creating Values
David Maneval, Head of Actuarial, AonBenfield:
3. Practical Challenges of Risk Management
Felicia Er, Actuarial Manager & Songphol Arrewijit, Senior Actuarial Executive, MSIG Asia:
4. How to Define and Apply Risk Tolerance
Colin Priest, Advisor, Muang Thai Insurance:
5. Practical Guidance on using Capital Modeling for Reinsurance Buying and Risk Management
Michael Fung, Director, Towers Watson:
6. Life After the Flood: Impact and Opportunities
Pang Chye, Principal & Consulting Actuary, Milliman:
7. Flood Risk Management
Richard Sanders, Executive Director and Senior Catastrophe Risk Analyst, Willis Re:
8. Motor Direct to Consumers – An Actuarial Perspective
Nicholas Faquet, CEO Hong Kong, DirectAsia:
9. Innovations in Motor Insurance
Matthew Maguire, Partner, NMG Consulting:
10. Trends in International Motor Market
Joachim Michaely, Senior Motor Consultant, Munich Re: